Sunday 26 January 2014

Which thrillers have influenced or inspired your own? - The Transporter


The Transporter has really influenced and inspired my choice for my own 2 minute thriller. It has pretty much everything I would like in my movie, a car driver, action, gun fights etc.


The Transporter - 2002
 
The start of The Transporter also has influenced my idea, the use of slowly moving the camera around the garage creates a useful time to grab the audience’s attention, give away the theme of cars and also run the first credits, the camera’s then focus onto the car, revolving around the outside showing off the shape and curves of the car. Then close ups of various car activities before driving. We hear some classical music playing this is ironic due to the nature of his job yet it gives us a sense that the transporter is actually quite an upper class character.


 
I would like to use the Transporters characters attitude throughout my film. He is a quite relaxed yet cool hit man of sorts and I would like to use that type of attitude possibly for one of my antagonist’s characters. A lot of the other characters also turn out quite weak in this film being chased by him and I would like to use the smaller weaker character being chased in my movie as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment