Sunday 26 January 2014

Other media types that have inspired me - Part 1



Possibly one of the most important aspects of my thriller other than the camera work will be the music used. Without any music the video could be “awkward” and make it seem quickly done. Music can also help add emotion to a film, for example a romantic film can use nice romantic music to create that emotion for the viewer. For a horror thriller that I want to make, I need some type of music to create suspense and tension while also being able to tell the story. Here is a link to some music I feel really tell a story without the actual picture itself, it makes a suspenseful situation. This proves how useful a certain type of music can be if you use it in the right way. An absolutely perfect example of this is the theme song in Jaws, it is extremely suspenseful and portrays the power, patience and mystery of a Great White attacking its prey.



Another thing that I have been researching for my thriller is the use of car noises. Since a car will hopefully be a part of my thriller I would really like to create the majority of the tension through certain noises from the car in a chase after a man. Noises such as the engine revving, tire squealing, and braking noises. A link below of a Range Rover I believe makes a very good suspenseful sound.




No comments:

Post a Comment